SOUTHERN ENDURANCE SERIES RULES
- This series is not USAC sanctioned so no licenses are required.
- All the SES 6-Hour races will be a mass start at 10:00am and 3-Hour races will start at 1 pm (registration opens at noon) with all race categories going off at one time. All racers must complete their last lap within six/three hours respectively. No bonus laps!
- Racers are responsible for knowing and following the rules of each event in the SES. Many of the following rules are common among all the participating SES events.
- Racers must complete at least 4 races to qualify for series recognition and awards.
- All racers who complete five races will have their lowest score dropped so that only the best four races will be figured into the standings giving racers an opportunity to improve their scores at the final race. Series results will be available after each event.
- All Duo team racers must make hand-offs in the designated transition area. The exception is if a rider has a medical or mechanical emergency on the trail then the waiting rider must notify a race official before the on-course transition can happen.
- For Duo teams, each racer must complete a minimum of 1 lap to be scored.
- In the event there is a tie during the season in a Leader's Jersey class then the person/team who won the jersey first will keep the jersey until overtaken in points.
- At all races, if a racer finds they are off course (whether by their own mistake or even sabotaged course markings) they MUST return to the point where they got off course and continue FROM THAT POINT. It is always the responsibility of each racer to watch the course for turns and carry any maps or directional material provided at each race. Any racer that is proven to have been off course without returning to the original spot they went off course will be DISQUALIFIED.
- Spectators may watch anywhere along the course but are asked to not ride the course during the race. Any spectator riding along with a racer, as support, is not allowed and will disqualify the racer.
- Did Not Finish (DNF)… If you drop out of the race, you must notify a race official. Everyone needs to be accounted for!
- All racers must set-up tents and park cars in designated areas only.
- Please do not litter! Used gel packs are the worst to clean up. Leave no trace. Littering of any kind is strictly prohibited during the race. You will be disqualified if there is a report that a racer is not respecting this rule.
- The lands we share at many of these races include State and National Forest Land. It is imperative that we show them we can hold events like these while being good stewards of our trails. Please pocket your gels, bars, baggies, bottles, tubes, etc. DO NOT THROW ANYTHING ON THE GROUND! Pack it in, pack it out!
- SES reserves the rights to combine or discontinue categories with low participation.
- Each racer will be given a Series Number Plate. You must keep that plate for the entire series. You will be charged $10 for a replacement plate.
- Winners must collect payout and/or prizes on race day. SES will not mail awards to racers.
- No Refunds will be given unless an event is canceled. Rain dates have been scheduled.
The Southern Endurance Series